Representation method of steel specificationSeptember 5, 2023
Aluminum Sheet Metal BendingSeptember 16, 2023
Theoretical mass calculation of metal materials
(1) Simple formula for calculating theoretical quality of steel (Table 1-30)
Table 1-30 Simple calculation formula of theoretical quality of steel
|Material name||Theoretical mass (kg/m)|
|Flat steel, steel plate, steel strip||W=0.00785× width × thickness|
|Square steel||W=0.00785 x side length2|
|Round steel, wire, steel wire||W=0.00617 x diameter2|
|Hexagonal steel||W=0.0068 x opposite side distance2|
|Octagonal steel||W=0.0065 x opposite side distance2|
|Steel tube||W=0.02466× wall thickness (outer diameter – wall thickness)|
|Equal Angle steel||W=0.00785× side thickness (2× side width-side thickness)|
|Unequal Angle steel||W=0.00785× side thickness (long side width + side width – side thickness)|
|Joist||W=0.00785× waist thickness [height +f×(leg width – waist thickness)]|
|Steel channel||W=0.00785× waist thickness [Height +e×(leg width – waist thickness)]|
- 1. the exact calculation formula of Angle steel, I-steel and channel steel is very tedious, and the brief formula in this table is used to calculate the approximate value.
- 2. Value: 3.34mm for general models and those with grade a, 2.65mm for those with grade b and 2.26mm for those with grade c (a, b and c are different waist thickeners in the same type of channel steel, the same below)
- 3.e value: The general model and those with class a are 3.26mm, those with class b are 2.44mm, and those with class c are 2.24mm.
- 4. Each length unit is mm.
(2) Basic formula
Where W — metal material mass, kg;
A — cross-sectional area, m2;
L – length, m;
p — Density of the metal, g/cm3. The density of carbon steel is 7.85, the density of stainless steel is 7.75, the density of aluminum is 2.73, and the density of copper is 8.9.
The above is a brief calculation method for various metal materials. It’s for reference only.
As a professional metal fabrication manufacturer, it is helpful to know the weight of the material to accurately calculate the price of the product